Question: I am a foreign trained healthcare professional.  Is an employment visa or green card available to me?

Answer: As the employer, Blue Leaf Staffing can sponsor qualified healthcare professionals for an employment visa (H1B) and/or for permanent residency (green card).  Please contact one of our helpful staff members or our in-house immigration counsel for further information.

Question: Is passing the NCLEX the same as obtaining a Visa Screen Certificate?

Answer: NCLEX is an exam that Registered Nurses must pass in order to be licensed in the United States.  A Visa Screen Certificate is issued by CGFNS (Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools).  U.S. Immigration law now requires that healthcare professionals, other than physicians, complete a screening program in order to qualify for certain occupational visas. Visa Screen, a program offered by The International Commission on Healthcare Professions (ICHP), a division of CGFNS International, enables healthcare professionals to meet this requirement by verifying and evaluating their credentials to ensure that they meet the government's minimum eligibility standards.

Foreign educated Registered Nurses must pass both the NCLEX and obtain a Visa Screen Certificate.  Registered Nurses educated in the United States with a Bachelor’s Degree or higher are exempt from taking the exam.

Question: Can I choose where I work?

Answer: At Blue Leaf Staffing, we strive to fulfill your requests and place you at your first choice.  We are committed to satisfy your career goals.

Question: Do you only place Registered Nurses?

Answer: Hospitals and larger facilities require multiple positions.  Blue Leaf Staffing is a full-service healthcare professional staffing agency.  This means we staff not only Registered Nurses, but Certified Nurses, Staff Nurses, and Licensed Practical Nurses as well. 


Copyright © 2007 Blue Leaf Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Phone: 212-382-2935 Fax: 212-584-9957 Email: